- Psychoeducational assessments – used to assess cognitive and academic performance, as well as learning style, in order to identify any possible issues preventing an individual from achieving their full academic potential, such as learning disorders, Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and intellectual deficits.
- Behavioural assessments – used to assess behaviours and social skills that often hinder performance in various aspects of daily life, including impulsivity, inattention, hyperactivity, and difficulty with social or communication skills. These assessments can help determine the presence of behavioural disorders such as ADHD and Asperger Syndrome.
- Socioemotional assessments – used to assess issues related to social, emotional, and behavioural functioning that can often hinder academic performance in addition to other aspects of daily life. These assessments are used to evaluate individuals displaying significant symptoms of anxiety, depression, and issues related to emotional intelligence.
Each assessment is tailored to the individual needs of the client. All assessments begin with an initial interview to determine which type of assessment is most appropriate, and at times various components of these assessments are completed in conjunction with one another. Based on our findings, we will make recommendations for appropriate accommodations, and provide clients with practical strategies to improve function in their academic and daily life.
We also provide individual and group support for a variety of psychological, personal and life transition difficulties. These services include:
- Academic skills workshops – These individualized or group programs aim to help students improve attention, organization, time-management and study skills, manage performance anxiety, and overcome other barriers to academic success.
ADHD coaching – We provide individual and small group coaching sessions for secondary and post-secondary students with ADHD, resulting in more effective approaches to daily life and academic activities otherwise compromised by the impact of ADHD.
- Pre-University program – We provide specific guidance to assist secondary students with the proper selection of post-secondary programs of study as well as help students develop preparedness through personalized assessments and academic skill development workshops.
We also provide consultation to students on adaptive technology for academic success, and can provide individualized instruction and skill development to students on utilizing technology in the post-secondary phase of their life.
If you are a health care provider interested in professional development training within the field of education, please contact us to discuss some exciting new opportunities.